My clients come to me because they’re after something special. And that’s what I give them. I started techwriting back in 1994. I worked as a full-timer in the software industry for 9 years, before going freelance.
I have a Master of Arts (International Communication) and a Bachelor of Arts (English Literature & Linguistics), and I’ve written for more than 300 clients, from all around the world. Big and small. They number some of the world’s leading brands. Like IBM, Toyota, Telstra, Virgin, Westpac, the Commonwealth Bank and the Australian Government.
What I can do
- Online help (context sensitive) & printed manuals
- Single-sourcing, print management & localisation management
- Web copy (including search engine optimised (SEO) copy)
- Technical brochures, whitepapers, procedures, articles, press releases, corporate profiles, ebooks & demo video scripts
- Information architecture, wireframes, user interaction design, flowcharts & diagrams
- Writing from scratch, editing, interviewing, planning, research, project & team management, style guides, templates & work practices
- Basically any technology – from process control to accounting software to nanotechnology
- I also do a lot of technical copywriting
My technical writing background
2002 – Present: Divine Write, Freelance/contract technical writer & copywriter
1999 – 2002: Citect, Documentation Development Manager
1999 – 1999: Honeywell, Documentation Manager
1996 – 1999: Citect, Technical Writer
1995 – 1996: Landis & Staefa, Technical Writer
1994 – 1995: Solution 6 (now part of MYOB), Technical Writer
Click here to download my CV or click the image below.
At Citect, I maintained the existing 4,000-topic online manual & context sensitive help (WinHelp & Word), managed a team of 3 other writers, planned and implemented a completely new online help system (RoboHelp), designed the new documentation approach, help layout & design, and managed human resources requirements, budget and recruitment.
At Solution 6 / MYOB, I planned, wrote and maintained online, context sensitive and printed documentation (in-house hypertext software). And I travelled to New Zealand to single-handedly plan and write the online help for their new tax accounting package.
For DOCS, I restructured the case worker intranet, and wrote numerous procedures, style guides and other internal documents. You can read the case study of this contract here…
I’ve written 3 technical ebooks. One about search engine optimisation, one about search-optimised web content and one about blogging (for Australia’s leading blogger)…
Contact me to discuss your technical writing
If you’re after a technical writer with proven experience and actual writing skills, call Glenn in Sydney Australia on 0413 388 991 or email me for a quote. I can work at your office on a contract, or from mine. Whatever works for you.