The NSW Department of Community Services promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and works to build stronger families and communities. They provide child protection services, parenting support and early intervention, foster care and adoption services.
What they needed
Having moved from paper-based to online caseworker procedure documentation, DOCS wanted to ensure its intranet was structured so caseworkers could find important information quickly. They also needed a style guide, so they could rewrite all existing documentation and ensure all future documentation was accessible and engaging.
What we did
Over a 1-month period, I prepared:
- A 21-slide interactive wireframe (pictured below) to illustrate my recommended approach to their intranet layout and structure (information architecture) – applied to a typical procedure
- A 15-page style guide for writing casework procedures
- A 7-page sample casework procedure
- A 3-page casework procedure document template
- A 59-point editorial check-list for procedure writers
- A 2-page indexing recommendations document
What the client thought
“Thank you for all of your patience and the great work you did for us. You were so easy to work with and accommodating of all our issues, and you did a great job of translating what we needed into an end product!!”
Allana Christie, Director Operations
Read a sample
Writing guidelines for department editors:
Think we can help you in a similar way? Contact me for a quote
If you’re after a world-class copywriter or web designer who goes well beyond mere copywriting and design, call Glenn in Sydney Australia on 0413 388 991 or email me for a quote.