I started Divine Write in 2002
I became a freelance copywriter after 9 years as a technical writer in the software industry.
Ian and I started working together in 2003
Ian was one of my first clients. We worked together on a couple of projects, then a few more, and before long, I was doing more work for him than for any other designer. And I was sending quite a bit of work his way too.
Collaborating led to better quality
Not just because we like each other’s work either. Obviously that’s a big part of it (I’d never use another designer!), but we found, over the years, that when we work closely on a project, everything ends up better.
I can see my copy in place immediately, and I know exactly what needs to be changed. And when Ian knows exactly what the copy’s going to say, he has a much better idea of how to support it with his design.
Plus, by doing copy and design together, we can team up on calls to action, navigation, page structure and usability. Which makes sense, when you think about it. Those things are part visual, part words.
How we work together
That all sounds pretty complicated, but in practice it works very simply…
- We discuss your needs, and have a brainstorming session.
- I go away and prepare a wireframe (a sketch of your pages). At the same time, Ian experiments with some design directions.
- When we’re done, we come back together to review and critique each other’s progress.
- We then refine, and move onto the design and copy proper.
- When the design and copy are ‘finished’, we put it all together and tweak until we know it’ll be effective.
More info on both of us
You can learn more about each of us here:
Contact me for a copywriting or design quote
If you’re after a world-class copywriter or designer, call Glenn in Sydney Australia
on (02) 9121 6211 or email me for a quote.