First, we learn
To convey the true value of your offering, we must truly understand it first. And your target market. So we ask lots of questions to ensure we get the lay of the land.
- What are the benefits of your offering?
- Why is it unique or better?
- What claims do you want to make about it?
- How would you describe the personality of your brand?
- Who is your target visitor?
- What do they need and want?
- Why are they at your site?
- How did they get there? (e.g. Search engine? Sales letter?)
- Why should they trust you?
- What pages do you need?
- What’s your call to action?
- And so on…
Then we imagine it’s our own business
We imagine your business is ours. That our profits will be directly linked to the effectiveness of what we’re writing and designing. That puts us in exactly the right frame of mind to think about the very best approach.
And we don’t assume you’re right!
Interestingly, once we’ve put all the pieces together, we often come to the conclusion that the message you had in mind for your site isn’t quite right.
Perhaps you’re focusing on the technical brilliance of your product, when your target audience is really interested in the time-saving benefits. Perhaps your page structure doesn’t guide your reader to the information they’ll find most compelling.
Whatever the case, we don’t just nod our heads and blindly follow your instructions. We explain what we think is required, and why. Then if you still want to proceed as planned, we do it with a smile.
See some samples of our work
Or contact me for a copywriting or design quote
If you’re after a website copywriter or web designer (or both) who doesn’t just go through the motions, call Glenn in Sydney Australia on 0413 388 991 or email me for a quote.